6 Ways to Fix 0x8007012a Install Error on Windows 11 – Stuck with 0x8007012a Install Error? Do not worry. Here are 6 ways to solve 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11.
How to Fix 0x8007012a Install Error on Windows 11
Windows OS is not free from errors. If you are an old Windows user, you probably already know what we are talking about. Blue screen of deaths, disk failures, system file errors, and other types of errors.
- How To Fix Your Windows license will expire soon
- How To Activate Windows 8 For Free Permanently
- How To Activate Windows 10 For Free Permanently
0x8007012a Install Error is one of the errors that interfere with the normal operation of Windows. This is a bug that prevents the PC from downloading and installing the latest updates. Here, we have defined several ways to solve 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11.
#1. Reboot PC
Some problems can be solved without too many steps. In fact, rebooting the device be it a smartphone, computer, or even a device like a tablet can save you from all kinds of troubles. So, as a general rule, it’s a good idea to try a reboot before getting into more complicated fixes.
#2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter, as the name suggests, is a troubleshooter to help you fix any errors that you may encounter while downloading and installing Windows updates. This is a built-in tool from Microsoft that is available for free.
In fact, it is the number one solution to fix your Windows update errors. To fix the 0x8007012a Install Error, here’s how to use the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- Open the Start menu search bar, type ‘settings’, and select the most suitable.
- Di menu Settings, buka System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters.
- From there, run the Windows Update troubleshooter
As soon as you do that, a new dialog box will open, running all the checks and scans for problems with your Windows update. Restart the PC after the troubleshooter is complete.
0x8007012a Install Error should ideally be resolved by now. To check if it worked, open Windows Settings again and from there, select Windows Update > Check for updates. If everything worked smoothly, you should not face any problems installing the update now.
#3. Check Background Intelligent Transfer Services
Background Intelligent Transfer Service, or BITS for short, is a Windows tool that lets you download or transfer files between computers over the internet. So, if your PC components are turned off, of course, there will be problems downloading new updates. To make sure that’s not the case, follow the steps below:
- Open the Start menu search bar, type ‘run’, and select the most suitable one. Or, press Win + R.
- In the Run dialog box, type ‘services.msc,’ and press Enter. The Management Console will launch.
- Search and find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service . . Then double click on it.
- In the new dialog box, set Services Status to Start if not already
- Then look for Windows Update and set Services Status to Start as well.
Now restart your PC to check if the changes have been made, and whether the 0x8007012a Install Error has been fixed or not.
#4. Download Updates Manually
Sometimes random glitches might prevent you from downloading the necessary Windows updates. Apart from the methods we have covered so far, another way to solve the 0x8007012a Install Error is to download the update manually.
Although this is not a fix for 0x8007012a Install Error, it does help to solve the underlying problem. Here’s how:
- Launch Windows Settings ( Win + I ).
- Click Windows Update.
- Then click Update history. Make a note of the KB number on the updates that can’t be installed.
- Now open Microsoft Update Catalog, paste the KB number in the search box, and click Search.
The catalog will provide you with relevant updates. Now click on Download and the process will start. Now, all that needs to be done is to install it manually.
#5. Run SFC Scan
SFC which stands for System File Check is a command-line utility built into the Windows operating system that helps fix corruption issues on your PC. If there is a possibility that the computer’s system files have become corrupted, the 0x8007012a Install Error may be a reasonable result.
In that case, an SFC scan can help you repair system crashes and can resolve other Windows errors. Here’s how to run an SFC scan:
- Open the Start menu search bar, type ‘cmd,’ and run the Command prompt as administrator.
- In the Command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Your PC will be scanned thoroughly for problems. If any errors appear during the scanning process, they will be fixed, and may also fix the 0x8007012a Install Error afterward.
#6. Factory Reset
Factory Reset depending on the option you choose wipes all Windows completely (including all personnel files and folders) or deletes only system files. However, in both cases, the new Windows is installed later. Depending on what is comfortable for you at the moment, you can choose one of the options.
- To get started with Factory Reset, open the Start menu search bar, type ‘factory reset,’ and select the most suitable one.
- Click Reset PC.
- Now select Keep my files or Remove everything.
- Then choose from Local reinstall or Cloud download.
- Klik Next.
Follow the on-screen instructions and your PC will reset in no time. After the above process is complete, your PC should be completely free of 0x80070112a Install Error.
So that’s how to solve 0x8007012a Install Error in Windows 11. Installing and maintaining updates is an important part of keeping the Windows operating system healthy and running. 0x8007012a Install Error is a bug that can stop you guys from doing that. We hope that the methods listed above worked for you and that your system can now re-download the relevant updates.
However, the 0x8007012a Install Error is not the only thing you need to worry about. As we stated earlier, the Windows operating system is plagued with many errors and bugs, so it’s important for you to stay informed about how to deal with them.
Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow Twitter and Instagram Bloggernazrul.com Plus, let me not miss the videos pulled from us, do not forget to Subscribe for updates on our YouTube Channel. Thank you