3 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Slow Shutdown Issue – Are you a Windows user?. If so, you must have experienced a condition where the system you were using experienced a decrease in performance when it was no longer in use or shut down.
How To Fix Windows 10 Slow Shutdown Issue 2023
Yes, often we Windows users feel the length of the shutdown process. In addition to being annoying, the long shutdown process also makes us stagnate doing other activities.
Causes of Long Shutdown
There are many reasons why Windows shutdown takes a long time. But, of the many causes, there is one reason that may be a common reason why the system shutdown on old Windows. Namely, the number of applications that are still running at shutdown.
The system will usually give a warning in advance, or as an error prevention step, reminding us whether the application that is being run is still being used or is just forcibly closed.
The Bloggernazrul will share 3 ways to Fix Windows 10 shutdown issue. These 3 ways are to use the Command Prompt command, use the troubleshooting feature, and change the Gpedit.msc rule
The bloggernazrul will explain the steps one by one in sufficient detail.
How To Fix Windows 10 Shutdown Issue With a Command Prompt
There are many types of Command Prompt commands that can help Windows speed up the shutdown process. One of these Command Prompt commands is to run the SFC /scannow command.
This command scans for any problems with the operating system and then fixes them.
Here’s how to use the command:
1. Press the Windows key and then type CMD. Right-click then run as Administrator.
2. After that, Command Prompt will open, and you will run every command there as admin. Directly type the command sfc /scannow then enter. Wait until the process is complete.
How To Fix Windows 10 Shutdown Issue With The Troubleshooter Feature
Another way is to use the troubleshooter feature directly from Windows. This feature is a default feature that is provided directly by Windows to solve various problems that exist on the system and is not too complex.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Access Windows Settings, by pressing the Windows key, then typing Windows Settings and entering.
2. In the search field, type troubleshooting and then enter. This is the troubleshooting menu on Windows 10. The appearance will certainly be different, according to the version of Windows 10 that you each use.
3. Select Additional Troubleshooters, then in it select Power. Run the troubleshooters, and follow the steps.
How To Fix Windows 10 Shutdown Issue With Gpedit.msc
Next is the gpedit.msc command. This command is used to change the police or the provisions of Windows. Including changing the pagefile memory by not deleting virtual memory in Windows to ease the shutdown process.
Here’s how to use it:
1. Type Windows + R at the same time, then type gpedit.msc and enter. An image like the one below will appear
2. Immediately switch to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options.
3. Look for Policy Security Options: Shutdown: Clear virtual memory pagefile. Double click then disable.
Those are 3 ways to deal with a fairly long Windows shutdown. You can use either method. For the record, the third method seems effective to overcome this problem.
However, make sure you are careful when using the third method, and don’t make the mistake of deleting the existing policy. May be useful.
For more articles like this one about how to fix the Windows 10 slow shutdown issue, keep coming back to this blog bloggernazruul.com You can find solutions to all of your blogging, SEO, windows, android, games, and guides,-related difficulties here. Don’t forget to follow us on social media.🥰