How To Install Radeon Driver Without Software – AMD offers drivers for its GPUs and CPUs through its proprietary software. Using the software, you can update existing drivers to install updates or prepare new hardware on a new computer.
How To Install Radeon Driver Without Software 2023
However, what if you want to know how to install Radeon drivers without Adrenaline software? You may need to install the Radeon driver this way if you determine which utility is causing system instability or crashes.
Luckily, AMD and Windows make it easy and offer plenty of ways to update drivers. In this article, we show you how to install AMD drivers without Adrenaline software on your PC.
Follow the steps below to install the Radeon driver without software.
#1. Use Driver Update Software
The easiest way to install AMD Radeon drivers without any proprietary software is to use a third-party driver update.
Such utilities allow you to download and install missing or pending driver updates with a few clicks.
You can let the tool find and install all missing or outdated drivers or individually choose to install the required drivers. It also backs up existing drivers just in case something goes wrong during installation.
To make sure everything runs smoothly and avoid any kind of GPU driver error, make sure to use the full driver update assistant which will solve your problem in just a few clicks, and we highly recommend DriverFix. Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
1. Download and install DriverFix.
2. Launch the software.
3. Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
4. The application will now show you all the problematic drivers, and you just have to select the one you want to fix.
5. Wait for the application to download and install the latest drivers.
6. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
#2. Install Driver with Device Manager
1. Make sure to close all running AMD programs. Use Task Manager to end the process.
2. Next, go to the AMD download center and download the ADM driver package you want to install.
3. Next, download the AMD cleanup tool. Double-click on the AMDCleanupUtility.exe file to run the tool. When the Safe Mode prompt appears, click Yes. Wait for the computer to boot into Safe Mode.
4. In Safe Mode, click OK to remove AMD drivers and applications from your computer. This will remove all AMD drivers, including the graphics card, audio, and Radeon software.
Follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your computer.
Installing New Drivers
1. OpenDevice Manager. To do this, press the Windows key + R to open Run.
2. Type devmgmt.msc and click OK.
3. In Device Manager, expand the Display Adapters section.
4. Right-click on your AMD GPU and select Update Driver.
5. Select My computer’s browser for driver software.
6. Next, click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
7. Click the Disk button.
8. Navigate to the following location depending on where you saved the downloaded driver package. C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenaline-XXXXX\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF
9. Select the file C0XXXXXX.inf. XXX is the version of the file, so it may change depending on when you update the driver.
10. Click OK, select a card from the list, and then click Next.
11. Windows will now install the driver from the selected package without installing the Radeon software.
If this method didn’t work for you or if you want to install multiple drives of Adrenaline 2020/2021, you can do so from Device Manager.
Manually Install AMD Drivers from AMD Adrenaline Software
1. Download the Adrenaline 2021 software package to your computer.
2. Run the Adrenaline package and copy the installation path shown on the screen. Save the file path in a notepad file just in case you delete your clipboard.
3. Click Install. This will not install the tool yet but will start the extraction process.
4. Once the extraction is complete, the Adrenaline screen will appear. Click the Cancel button in the left corner to cancel the installation. Click Yes to confirm the action.
5. Next, open Device Manager and expand the Display adapters section.
6. Right-click Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and select Update Driver.
7. Click on Browser for drivers on your computer.
8. In the location field, paste the copied location from the Adrenaline installation settings.
Click Next and continue with the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Next, launch any hardware information tool to check if you have the latest version of AMD Radeon drivers installed.
You can have many reasons not to install AMD Radeon software to install drivers. Additional tools such as benchmarking, games, and social media tools included with the Radeon software may not be useful to some users.
While you won’t have access to any of the Radeon software, you can install the AMD Radeon driver without the software by following the steps in this article. Let us know if you managed to do it in the comments area below.
Don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook, Follow Twitter, and Instagram Bloggernazrul.com Plus, let me not miss the videos pulled from us, do not forget to Subscribe for updates on our YouTube Channel. Thank you