5 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Unable to Login – The Login Screen is a page that must be passed by entering a password or PIN in order to enter the desktop. In Windows 10 you can use a local user or use a Microsoft account to be able to log in. If it runs normally, after entering the password or PIN, you can immediately use the computer as usual.
How to Fix Windows 10 Unable to Login 
However, sometimes the login page on Windows 10 can experience problems, such as a password box that doesn’t appear, buttons don’t work, the login page is missing, or you can’t log in even though you’ve entered the correct password.
Also, read more:
- 7 Ways To Update Windows 10 And Windows 11
- How To Restore Classic Volume Mixer In Windows 11
- 6 Ways To Fix Missing Windows Start Menu Icon
Even though Windows 10 is currently the most widely used operating system, problems like this are still often experienced.
Some users have experienced that they have entered the correct password, but a notification always appears if the password is incorrect.
In addition, an error message will appear on the login page that reads: “This sign-in option is disabled because of failed login attempts or repeated shutdowns.
Use a different sign-in option, or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again”. To solve this problem, there are several steps you can take.
Here are some ways to deal with Windows 10 can’t login:
#1. Enter Safe Mode
Since we can’t go to the desktop because the login page doesn’t appear there’s nothing we can do from there. To still be able to enter Windows and make repairs, you need to enter Safe Mode.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn on the computer until it turns on completely, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the computer turns off. Repeat this step 3 times.
3. Wait for Windows to boot to the WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) page as shown in the second step below.
2. Next, after entering WinRE, select the Troubleshoot menu.
3. Select Advanced Options > Startup Settings again.
4. On the next page click on the Restart button.
5. Wait for the computer to restart and turn back on to the WinRE page.
6. Press the F5 key on the keyboard to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
7. Wait for the computer to restart and enter Safe Mode.
After successfully entering Safe Mode, from here you can do several ways to deal with login problems that don’t appear or disappear, such as doing a System Scan, creating a new user, and replacing the Microsoft account with a local user.
#2. Perform a System Scan with CMD
System Scan is a Troubleshooting feature in Windows 10 that can be used to automatically fix system errors.
If you have problems with the missing login page, you can use this feature.
Perform a system scan from Safe Mode by following these steps:
- Click on the Start button
- Type: cmd
- In the menu that appears select Run as Administrator
- Type the command: sfc /scannow
- Press enter
- Wait until the scan process is complete
- Once done restart your computer
When the computer restarts, see if the missing login page has appeared or not. If so, the problem is resolved here. But if it still doesn’t appear, then do the next step.
#3. Create a new user
To bring back the lost login page you can try to create a new user from Safe Mode. Use a local user without a Microsoft account so you can still log in even when you’re offline.
Follow these steps:
1. First enter Safe Mode by following the steps described above.
2. Go to Control Panel
3. Make sure it is in View by mode using Small icons
4. Click on the User Accounts menu
5. Select the menu Manage another account
6. Click on the menu Add a new user in PC settings
7. In the Other user section, click the + Add someone else to this PC button
8. I don’t have this person’s sign-in information
9. Add a user without a Microsoft account
10. Enter your username and password according to your wishes
11. Click the Next button then follow the steps until it’s finished
12. Restart the computer and login using the new user.
At this point, the missing login page should have reappeared. All you have to do is choose to log in using the username and password of the newly created local user.
#4. Run System Restore
System Restore is a system backup method in Windows 10. You can use it as a solution to dealing with unknown and difficult-to-resolve errors.
When running System Restore, Windows will roll back or return to the version when the backup was made.
If the missing login page error occurs after you create a Restore Point, you can use that point to roll back.
Follow these steps:
1. First enter WinRE in the way described above
2. Then select the Troubleshoot menu
3. Select the Advanced Options menu
4. Click on the System Restore menu
5. The computer will restart automatically
6. After turning it on, the System Restore window will appear
7. Pay attention to the backup with the most recent date
8. Select the backup then click the Next button
9. Follow the steps to complete
Running System Restore will not delete the data on your computer. It’s just that the applications that were installed after the backup was made will be deleted, but later you can reinstall them.
After running System Restore has the missing login page reappeared? If not, then there is only one more solution left without having to reinstall, which is to reset the PC.
#5. Reset the PC
After trying all the steps above but nothing worked, the last solution you can try to overcome Windows 10 can’t log in is to reset the PC.
Resetting this PC is the same as a factory reset, meaning that Windows 10 will be restored to its original state when you first bought it or reinstalled it.
The difference is that doing a PC Reset will only delete all third-party applications that are not default applications, but you can still keep user data (Downloads, Videos, Pictures, Documents folders) on drive C from being lost.
Follow these steps:
1. Turn on the computer until it turns on perfectly
2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the computer turns off and then back on.
3. Repeat steps 1-2 3 times until you get to the WinRE page
4. On the WinRE page, select the Troubleshoot menu > Reset this PC
5. Select the Keep my files option so that the data on drive C is not lost
6. Click the Reset button then wait until the reset process is complete.
The reset process will take quite a while, just wait for it to finish. Once done you will be able to enter Windows and the missing login page will reappear.
Finally, you just have to reinstall the required programs one by one as usual.
Those are some of the tips we can give to deal with not being able to log in to Windows 10 because the login page doesn’t appear. Hope you can help. If you are still having trouble, don’t hesitate to comment below.