Best Easy Ways to Add Google Analytics to WordPress – A blogger, web owner, or online business must know a tool called Google Analytics WordPress.
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress
Because with this tool you can recognize visitor behavior related to the hectic traffic of a website.
Why does it sound so important to know? Because your website can be optimized by using this tool.
Here we describe the functions, features, and how to install Google Analytics WordPress.
The Importance of Using Google Analytics
It is difficult to attract visitors to the website, let alone to maintain it.
But don’t worry, it turns out that there is a way to find out what visitors are interested in when accessing your website.
This is of course by providing and offering what they are looking for and need.
This is an important thing that Google Analytics WordPress can do. Which is a tool provided by Google for free specifically for WordPress users.
A lot of important data can be obtained from this tool related to visitors or visitors, such as the following:
- Who are your website visitors?
- Which page was opened by the visitor
- Most visited pages
- Pages that do not attract visitors
- Visitor’s location
- Language is spoken by visitors
- time of visit
- How long do visitors spend on the website
- Sources of visitors find your website
- The interactions that visitors have on your website
How Google Analytics Works
Before you install Google Analytics on WordPress, you should first understand how Google Analytics works.
This is important for you to know if you are in the blogging world.
Whether it’s location, web browser used, operating system, screen resolution, or information from other visitors.
#2. Sending data to Google servers
After all the data is obtained, the data is sent to Google’s servers.
The data sent is a Hit. Furthermore, this hit will be sent when a visitor opens the website.
#3. Processing data by Google Analytics
This is the last working step of Google Analytics which presents data from visitors into data that you read later.
How to Install Google Analytics
You must set up an active Google account before installing Google Analytics on the WordPress website. Then follow the steps below:
#1. Sign up for a Google Analytics account
- Enter the Google Analytics link and select the sign-in to Analytics button.
- Enter your Google account with your email address then click next.
- Then enter the password and click sign in.
- You will be given an explanation of how to view the web track record.
- If you already understand then continue by pressing the sign-up button.
- Then you will be given the option to choose a website or a mobile app.
- Choose a website.
- To create a new account, fill in the required data such as account name, website name, website URL, Industry Category, and Reporting Time Zone.
- After all, data is filled in, select Get Tracking ID (6).
- You must agree to the submission requirements by clicking the I Agree on the button.
- After the process is complete, you will get a tracking code which will be used to connect the web with Google Analytics.
#2. Log In to Ke WordPress
- Open your WordPress web with the domain name/wp-admin for example bloggernazrul.com-wp-admin.
- Enter your username and password and click log in.
#3. Adding manually
You can do this manual method with the functions.php file.
- Log in to your Google Analytics account then look for the gear icon then select Tracking Info and click Tracking Code.
- Then look for the script in the website tracking box.
- To add code to WordPress then go to your website.
- Look for the Appearance menu, click Editor, and header.php.
- Copy the tracking code after the <head> line and before the </head> line.
- When finished, don’t forget to click the update file then your tracking code is active.
You need to know that this report will be published once a day. This tracking code can only be entered on an active theme.
If you update the theme then you have to enter the code again.
#4. Adding With Plugin
This method is suitable if you are not very familiar with WordPress and PHP structures.
To make it easier, use the Google Analytics plugin that is already available in WordPress.
- Log in and go to the WordPress dashboard.
- Look for the Plugins menu then Add New and look for the Google Analytics Plugin.
- Install it by pressing the install now button.
- When finished activate the plugin by clicking Activate.
- Then look for the Google Analytics menu and then Authorize Plugin.
- To get the access code, select the Google account you are using.
- Click Allow and you will find the tracking code.
- To enter the tracking code, click Manually enter tracking ID.
- Copy the tracking code in the Tracking ID column then click save.
future Google Analytics
After successfully logging in, look for the Admin menu with a gear icon. Then there will be 3 columns with different sub-menus.
This sub-menu contains categories or folders containing multiple Google Analytics accounts.
This sub-menu contains the websites that exist in each of your accounts. You can choose which website you will view the data on.
This sub-menu contains commands for the report or data display settings.
Choose which website you want to see the report on, and click the Reporting menu.
In addition, you can also use the following menu to view data about the website.
This menu displays what is currently happening on your website. You do this by opening the Realtime menu and then clicking Overview.
The data you can monitor are:
- Number of visitors in real-time
- Active visitors
- Most visited pages
- The most popular visitor locations
- Total time spent by visitors in opening the page
This menu is in the form of information related to visitors. The summary can be viewed by clicking the Audience menu and then clicking overview.
The data that can be seen are:
- Number of visitors
- Number of new visitors
- Number of page views
- Visitor demographics by language, location, city and country
- Device used
- Operating system used
- Gender and age of visitors
- The most popular types of topics
Contains information related to visitor responses to your website.
- Number of visitors
- The number of visitors who return to your website
- How often do visitors visit your website
- The time interval from the first visit to the second and so on
- web speed
- Page load speed
- Server connection speed
- Download speed
You can view reports about the targets you have applied to Google Analytics.
The data presented displays the number of conversions received by the web as well as the URL data.
This menu contains information about how often your website is visited at a certain time.
This data can be obtained by clicking the Acquisition menu and clicking Overview.
The data you get is:
- Number of visitors
- The origin of visitors is good from organic, other web references, social media, and other sources
- Contribute to the marketing channel that you use to attract visitors
- Bounce rate
- Traffic achievement
- The most effective media in attracting visitors
You can even find out all types of web traffic and see which traffic is less than optimal.
How to Remove Google Analytics
There are times when a website changes hands or just wants to change the account used. Therefore, the Google Analytics account can also be deleted.
- Log in to Google Analytics and select the All Web Site Data menu.
- After that go to the Admin menu and click Property Settings.
- Continue by clicking Move to Trash Can.
Your business should not just stop when you have finished creating a website.
Combine Google Analytics WordPress with Google Webmaster Tools to get the dual benefits of website performance and visitor satisfaction.
Because visitor satisfaction is the best technique in attracting and maintaining interest in the visited website which will increase traffic.